• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recruiting Effort!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ploaf

This is the second half of the post that took a wrong turn so it was clipped to give the challenge a proper thread ;)

On to the rest. My commitment is now stronger than it ever has been. We will not be pushed around and we will triumph. This other team seems to think that they can take us. They are putting up some healthy numbers and they have been slowly approaching our position in the stats. I KNOW that you do not want that to happen, unless of course you are on that team. So what are we going to do about it? What else? RECRUIT and RECRUIT HARD. I am going to lay out a challenge to everyone on the team. Recruit at least one system to fold for team 32 by next Monday. That is the recruitment of one system by everyone who can read this. You may, of course, recruit more if you desire. and should. They can fold under any name that you want them to fold. This should be addition to the team by recruiting new members. It doesn't cost us anything and it makes the team stronger. If you need any help with recruiting ideas I think that you should look to members such as Arkaine, DeepScience and Gandalf and others who have done wonderful jobs of recruiting new members. This is the challenge. Just one system in one week. Are you up to it? Let's take on the Rage.

Fold On Team 32 :burn:

You should post any systems that you do recruit here in this thread.

BTW. Thanks SpeeDj :)

im up for the challenge, as soon as i get home from school ill get another machine folding away.

ok, there was a purpose to this original thread, there was also a reason for the repost... lets give ploafy a little respect and use this thread for what it's for.

under the user name Bruce&funnyperson1alliance i have my friend folding with a 1600+ and an 800 Slot-A, another friend is joining up, and we are also going to bring this up to people in my school computer club, and i have a friend that was interested in thsi at school...FOLD, RECRUIT ON!

I'm building a 1.33TBird for my sister that should be finished by end of this week. Guess what it will be doing when up and running ;)

since i build lots of computers, 1-2 every 2 weeks i think i am going to put in the service agreement that whoever buys one must run the folding client. don't worry guys i will make my customers aware of folding before i sell them a computer!! The best part is i know my sales won't take a hit.

I've recruited my bro's 1.3 tbird, and a dual ghz G4 Mac. The mac is only part time though. I have to bribe the guy with burned music cd's!

recruiting

Arkaine23 is on the verge of recruiting a Tbird 1.2, a P3 750 (to be upgraded to OC'able XP system soon), a P3 1.2 (not OC'd yet, but the guy who owns it is an OC'er, just hasn't had the time), a Celeron 800 @ 1066, a Tbird 1.0 @ 1. 136, and a probably a few more that I've forgotten...

{inside Dark Tower joke} I went thru a doorway on the beach of the Western sea of Mid-world and my Ka landed in Arkaine's head. That's how I know all this.;) {/end inside DT joke}

Sounds like a great idea! I'm building 1.2Gb duron system for a friend. If she is agreeable, I will make folding on this rig her labor cost to me. I will edit this post if all goes well.

we have a black and white flyer as well so go to link in my sig and see what you guys think.

My friend's 1.8 Willamette P4 is in the mix as of yesterday, plus I traded my step-bro a XP 2000+ for his 1700+ and a promise that the 2000+ will fold all the time. Now I have his 1700+ folding too. Keep it coming guys!

i won't add it to the "How much do we have Folding?" thread just yet b/c my friend is working on a system backup & hardware and OS upgrade right now, but when that is done i am gonna OC his 1GHz Tbird to at least 1.33 and he will fold for Team 32.
:D

recruits

I recruited the Tbird 1.0 @ 1.136 that Gunslinger mentioned. But the HDD on it died and am waiting for RMA. Will get a cheap one ASAP to get it going. It'll be at 1.2 though, not 1.136. And I need a cheap HDD anyway for a spare parts rig I'm building.

Gunslinger: Keep your Ka out of my head!!!

You want some of this???(Check sig)

I'll give you guys a helping hand since I normally crunch for SETI
:burn: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

5 XP's and a T-Bird by the end of this week. (As soon as the KX7 comes out)

thats awesome audi. it would be great to see more guys from seti help us out for a while ;)

I've been thinking of joining Folding for a while, but the only thing that was holding me back is all the Work Units and the effort that I have put into SETI @Home.

It's kinda like losing all the information on a Hard drive,,, debating if you should format it or not.

AudiMan said:
I've been thinking of joining Folding for a while, but the only thing that was holding me back is all the Work Units and the effort that I have put into SETI @Home.

It's kinda like losing all the information on a Hard drive,,, debating if you should format it or not.

I hear that, I did the same thing back when I had just one XP 1800+. I had 500-something WUs for SETI but decided that F@H would be better to do because there's more competition (like now) and AMD CPUs have kick-@$$ floating point performance so they stomp guts when it comes to Folding. Great to have you with us!

Back