• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now THIS is a video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdMiser

I was cruising around newegg and came across this card.
It is an ATI FIRE GL4 128MB DDR AGP. Look how it needs it's neighbor's back yard b/c its so big. The thing supports two digital monitors! Two fans, and a big copper heatsink. Click to the next pic and check out how the HSF is a blower aimed right out the vent holes in the backplate. Cool stuff. At $1,699.00, you can't afford NOT to get it! ;)

Those are workstation cards. They do more than just put pictures on the screen like a gamer card does, that's why they're so pricey. When it comes to games I don't think they would be drastically faster than a Ti 4600.

--Illah

Those aren't meant for games though and they don't perform that well. They are meant for high poly 3D rendering. (Although I'm not saying that I don't want one :D)

-DarkArctic

Thats the first time I've seen a GPU heatsink with a Nidec Blower on the top sucking air out.....I wonder how well that cools off the gpu

14-102-201-01.JPG

14-102-201-02.JPG

ColdMiser said:
I was cruising around newegg and came across this card.
It is an ATI FIRE GL4 128MB DDR AGP. Look how it needs it's neighbor's back yard b/c its so big. The thing supports two digital monitors! Two fans, and a big copper heatsink. Click to the next pic and check out how the HSF is a blower aimed right out the vent holes in the backplate. Cool stuff. At $1,699.00, you can't afford NOT to get it! ;)

The thing supports two digital monitors!

My Gainward Ti4600 supports two DVI monitors

Back