• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Blaster Audigy eX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceMan3928

okay, so i bought a soud blaster audigy and have had it for a while now but just the other day i tried to hook it into my Sony STR-SE501 reciver/amplifier by using a Toslink cable. Evidently the reciver is getting something through the cable but it seems like it cant understand it because on the display it just says PCM _ _ ._ what is going on?

PCM is one of the formats for transfering digital audio AFAIK, i know my dvd player can be set to PCM or a few other options (I dont know exaclty what the difference is or what they stand for). My receiver only worked with one of the settings and not the others.

somewhere in the soundblaster control panel there should be an option to enable digital output make sure that is on (with my SB i have to open audioHQ then double click speakers). perhaps your receiver has to be set to digital too ( i know mine has to be manually switched between digital coaxial (what you are using), digital fibre optic and analog).

I hope that this helps, if not maybe somebody with a better understanding of this stuff will jump in...

Back