• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanna bet $100 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

socketman

Wanna bet i got the most f*cked up idea anyone has ever had in the history of water cooling?

OK, if you've been keeping up with me you know I want to make a desiccant de-humidifier. It involves putting a desiccant on a wheel and rotating the wheel (thru a hot and cold cycle). Wheel rotation must be around 1/3 rpm (18 rph)
So people were saying use a stepping motor. I hate to learn yet another new skill on top of the dozens ya need for case modding. So what other power source does water cooling have?

WATER !!

Thats right.. im gonna pump my h20 into my desiccator. There im gonna put a paddle wheel on the desiccant wheel. As the h20 flows thru the paddle wheel - it will turn the desiccant wheel.
Dont worry, ive already worked out all the details on how to control the wheel speed, and prevent desiccant contamination.
Many boring details i dont wanna go into... so what do you think? A water wheel rotator !!

Back