• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ViA bus master errror HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANIMASANA

Here's what my system looks like so far....
-Epox 8kha
-Athlon 1800+
-Millenium Thermal Glaciator II
-512 MB PC-2100 Crucial
--GeForce4 Ti4400
-Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer
-Pioneer DVD 16x
-400W Power Supply
-Windows XP Home Ed.

I've downloaded the latest 4 in 1 driver from epox for my mobo, upon installing I received a registry error...everytime on startup now, would appreciate some help fixing that.
Problem number two which, I've had since I first installed my mobo drivers is Windows asking me to install VIA bus master IDE drivers. Now, in the original software kit that came from OEM there was no IDE driver for XP, but the latest 4 in 1 driver does( not too sure about version but I got it yesterday...I'm at a friends so I can't check...still need a freaking modem, I'm so broke it's pathetic.) I've tryed installing the IDE drivers manually and had windows search for it on auto pilot and I still get the error...what to do?? PLEASE HELP.
This isn't really related but the light on my Intelli mouse stays on after I shut down, checked Epox web page and read a couple faq's and they said something aobut that option not being able to get disabled...anyone know how I might fiz that? Thanks again...

I think I had a similar problem with the VIA drivers when I was installing on my A7V333. That's an ATA-133 system and has the KT333 chipset.

If it was the same problem, it went away when I set the FSB to 133.

Note that under WindowsXP, if you try to install the 4-in-1 drivers over the native WinXP drivers, the 4-in1 installs only the 1.40a.inf file. However, if you right-click the setup.exe file, choose properties, then in the Compatibility mode tab, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 2000", then click Apply and OK, you will be presented with all the driver install choices when you double-click setup.exe.
This is all I could find about 4in1 driver installations with XP. You can not find out what 4in1s you have installed, it's been a problem that nobody has fixed. You need to uninstall the older 4in1s by using the installer & selecting the uninstall function before you try the newer version.

Back