• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bus Speed For a 233Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't really understand ur question, but from what I under stand u have a CPU which is below 233 MHz, that means a Pentium/P-MMX, to run 233 u need to set the FSB to 66 and the multiplier to 3.5, then it will be 66.6x3.5 = 233.1MHz

The Coolest is correct. Use a multiplier of 3.5 and an FSB of 66.66, which will give you 233.33.

If your motherboard supports it, you might try an overclock to 266 by setting the multiplier to 4. These CPU's are not multiplier locked!

Morpheusman said:
If your motherboard supports it, you might try an overclock to 266 by setting the multiplier to 4. These CPU's are not multiplier locked!

It is entirely possible that your processor may be soft locked, meaning that it cannot set a multiplier higher than the one you already have. That was the case with my P200MMX, it wouldn't go above 3x. I did get it to 225 stabily though. You can try changing the multiplier, but I wouldn't bet on it to work.

jazztrumpet216 said:

It is entirely possible that your processor may be soft locked, meaning that it cannot set a multiplier higher than the one you already have. That was the case with my P200MMX, it wouldn't go above 3x. I did get it to 225 stabily though. You can try changing the multiplier, but I wouldn't bet on it to work.

I've never heard of a "soft locked" processor before. How does that work?

Morpheusman said:

I've never heard of a "soft locked" processor before. How does that work?

A soft locked processor means that you can move the multiplier DOWN on the processor, but not up, so the chip cannot be remarked by a supplier or manufacturer.

some of the later p166 and p200 MMX were limited to their defined multiplier and LOWER like the early p2's...

I had a p200 MMX like this

also the p233 MMX will run at 233 with a multiplier of 1.5 and 3.5 at 66 bus

the 1.5 x is remapped to 3.5x somehow... trust me

Back