• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do i have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stormer

ok well i bought a stick of ram today .. due to how cheap it was.. i didnt really think about using it for overclocking too much anyway.. but i look on the black modules of it and it has

samsung written on it with, k4h280838d-tcb3 on them...

is this a stick of samsung? or something else..

hey nah it didnt have a sticker... the url you posted didnt work.. but i found it my chip had the exact some code as the ones posted on the SIS website for sticks with samsung components..

http://www.sis.com/ddr/ddr333.htm

Component Part No. matches exactly however.. cant seem to find a module part No. where is that?

ya it does .. so what does that classify mines as? if yours is "imitation"

hehe this is some weird stuff.. hopefully i will have some unexpected luck with this :)

the only place where it says samsung is on each of those individual chips.. dont know what z-buy is i bought it at a local dealer here.. i am not in the states either

yep will do just waiting on a heatsink for me to set up the system heh..

tanice the guy who wanted to know if his ram was really samsung in the thread you posted has the same thing as me.. accept one of the values differ.. I have VCA379CA

not sure what you mean by PCB.. btw i do have a sticker.. and the sticker says DDR 333 256MB lol ..

hmm cant find anything related to who made it on the pcb.. maybe its too small to see where exactly would that be put.. at the ends? i see MADE in USA and M2202

Usually along the ends.
Made in Usa it must be good stuff then :D

I am off to bed now, I hope the memory works great for you.

Cya.

hehe ok..

thanks for the speedy answers felt like an msn conversation gnite

Back