• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
i know this isnt realy the right forum for this but i figure this is where i can get the quickest response

ok im in limbo between cost and power if you were me what would you get to complete this setup

inwin v500 case moded
400W psu
shuttle ak35gt2
dd maze 2 wb
dd cube
5 gal rubber made res
256mb samsung pc 2700 ddr
Xtasy 5632 GEFORCE2 GTS-V

i realy cant decide on what to do the whole realy cheep vs the realy good performance thing im debaiting a duron morgan or an xp

morgan is working great for me 1 ghz overclocked to 1.333 rock stable. 3DMark2001SE of 9233 w/GF4 Ti4400. At newegg their only $40 cant beat the price to performance. The money so save can go towards something else, new video, better cooling, more memory, etc. With T-bred around the corner, a duron will do you nicely. And'll you'll always be able to upgrade later

I think I'd go with an XP 1700+ or something like that. You can get one for $88 on pricewatch.

with XP prices so low a XP 1600 or 1700 would also be great, but if your like me and just waiting for the next generation to arrive, get a cheap duron until you can save up for the T-bred

1600+ all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna be trading my 1700 for a 1600 soon so i have a better stepping and more to work with.....

ordered an xp 1600+ along with 256mb samsung original pc2700 ddr a shuttle ak31GT2 kt 333 and a vidiontec xtasy geforce2 gts-v 32mb ddr from new egg last night after shiping cost me 303 hope my xp is an agoia if not i can probably still oc it alot.

good buy i like newegg myself, too bad their mail service only or else i would drive their and pick it up, so i could avoid shipping cost. Oh well, cant have everything, but the good thing is even with regular fare it gets to my house overnight:D

sweet deal on the overnighing i wish i could afford overnight shipping im allways so anxious to get my stuf.

SSJ! tell me if you get an AGOIA cuz im looking everywhere
to get one!

Back