• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cisco CCNA exam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCrow

I made the Cisco CCNA exam today and failed.
The exam has the passing score of 849 and i had a score of....just imagine this, cause it´s frustrating: MY SCORE WAS 847!!! :mad:

I just coudnt belive my own eyes at the end of the exam when it said on the screen:

" you dind´t pass the exam, your score was 847. The passing score is 849. "

I´m so frustrated!!!:(

Been there! Planning on taking the test again in a few months. Don't get down too much. It happens to alot of people! My company won't pay for official training so I'm trying to pick up most of this learning on my own and through coworkers/customer work.

Also studying for the engineers exam for Cisco IP Telephony. Need to have that exam and CCNA to be certified by cisco for IP phones...and get a fat raise! :D Best of luck next time around!

When we hire we don't look at your certifications too much. Just because you passed a test doesn't mean you know how to configure a router. It's sad but true. I have a friend that has his CCNA and right now he's loading trucks for UPS. You need more than just a certification, but they are nice to hang on the wall.

I remember I interviewed a guy that had just book loads of certifications, but when I asked simple questions about how to do things and what not, he didn't have a clue. That's just 1 example.

I think those tests are pretty lame, you don't need to know that IEEE stands for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers to set up an IEEE 1394 network. How ever you do need to know that IEEE 1394 is firewire.

I've thought about taking the CCNA, but I don't have time to study the "filler questions." I do a lot of cisco router configuring, but a lot of the questions on the test is never used in the real world.

I know there are companies that think certifications are just the greatest thing, but nothing is better than experience.

I'm not saying don't bother with the test, it does help, but the companies that offer the certifications put a little too much hype on them.

Most people don't pass their CCNA on the first try. You did great. You are sure to pass it on your next try.

And like Poly said certificates dont count much in this world any more. All certificates say is that you know the job, they don't say that you can do the job.

Don't take what I said the wrong way. A CCNA is a big notch in any geeks bedpost.

I've not been there, and probably will never be there unless my employer pays for it! I'm already up to my armpits with Lucent, Nortel, RiverStone, and Alcatel equipment.

Maybe someone can ask Cisco how to make a generalized learning experience? WAN is more than a CCNA, but I guess it helps. :)

Back