• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iconboy

Registered
2 questions about the MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU, does anyone know if it supports AthlonXP processors above 1900+? will it support the t-breds?

and, i want to get 512MB PC-2700 DDR333 RAM, will it support 2700? the price driops by almost 40 bucks if i get 2100 RAM should i go down? what is the speed dif? is it worth the savings?

i have the same board
the board has mulipliers up to 15x i think
so that will support up to a 2ghz cpu
Tbreds are starting at 1.7ghz so there will be support

that DDR will work fine on the board
but to run it at pc2700 speed the cpu and board will have to be overclocked
max it will run is 164mhz fsb (limited by bios)

i use pc2100 and it overclocks well
getting pc2700 will mean that if you overclock your system ram wont be the limiting factor

lonewolf1983: maybe the multiplier part will work, but what about the voltage? can the board deliver such a low voltage?
should you overclock immediatly to, let's say, at least 1.7(5) from 1.5 then that should be no problem I guess?

There should be support for the T-breds as these are fairly new boards. As for the voltage thing perhaps a bios update by MSI will help with this in the future. Prolly won't find out if MSI is going to support it till the T-breds are out! Oh well new board! No prob! Another reason to upgrade!:D

Rbreb13 said:
There should be support for the T-breds as these are fairly new boards. As for the voltage thing perhaps a bios update by MSI will help with this in the future. Prolly won't find out if MSI is going to support it till the T-breds are out! Oh well new board! No prob! Another reason to upgrade!:D

I don't know if only a BIOS update will work. It also depends on the voltage regulator.

I used to own an Intel 815 chipset motherboard, but with the Tualatin CPU's the voltage was too low for the 815 and thus the 815E came. This was also not solved by just a BIOS update, but was also the "problem" of the voltage regulator.

Get my point? If the voltage regulator fails to deliver such a low voltage a BIOS update won't work.

What could be tried is to use a AMD CPU like a Duron (which I believe uses a lower voltage then the Athlon or XP?) and then with the voltage mod lower it to see if it can reach 1.5V.

Since I don't have that kind of a CPU I won't try it :D

Freshy98:point well spoken! Didn't even think of that. Oh, well I am always looking for reasons to change hardware so this is another one. I've got an old Duron 1ghz just sitting in a box. Maybe I'll try what you said someday when I feel like playing.

Back