• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright HSFs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikehritz

Registered
im planning on building a t-bred/barton box (if they ever really come out ;p) and am interested in using a Thermalright with a delta for cooling....but i have a question. i probably wont be unlocking, just fsb o/c'ing and very minimal at that, so would an SK-6 be an ok performer with the 60mm fan on it? or should i go the ax7 route with the 80mm delta?

thanks in advance

-mike

XiveX said:
AX-7 all the way. Its one of the best HS's for AMD currently. Forget the Sk-6.
I second that! If you want a hairdryer in your computer get the SK6 with the delta, If you want quiet cooling get the AX-7 with a 50CFM Sunon or similar.

Roger on the AX7! You can run a quieter 80 mm fan and still cool that cpu efficiently. The SK6 is a good heatsink but you have to run a jet engine fan (Delta or 40 cfm ys tech) to get really good cooling for that AMD proc.

nick

i have AX-7 with Delta 80cfm run with rehostat a 7v same a delta 45cfm aprox

i no like use rehostat

what other fan i can buy for remplace my delta?
i want good cfm low noise

my temp is 57C read in 8k3a+ diode
XP 1900 @1.76GHZ 1.9 Vcore
185 x 9.5 turbo setting samsung true 333 Vdimm 2.8

thanks for all the fast responses guys, another question tho.....can i use any 80mm fan on the AX7, or does it have a special way of attaching to the HS?

any fan can be used on the AX7 as long as it has 4 holes (1 on ech corner) and i assume that all fans do.

Id use either a 53 cfm metatronics Fan @ 39 db or get a 80-90mm adapter and use a 73cfm metatronics 92mm fan at a quiet 38 db for soem SErIOUS cooling.

Gosu said:
nick

i have AX-7 with Delta 80cfm run with rehostat a 7v same a delta 45cfm aprox

i no like use rehostat

what other fan i can buy for remplace my delta?
i want good cfm low noise

my temp is 57C read in 8k3a+ diode
XP 1900 @1.76GHZ 1.9 Vcore
185 x 9.5 turbo setting samsung true 333 Vdimm 2.8

I think a 80mm Panaflo or a Sunon, if I'm not mistaking are really good and quiet too, the panaflo is really good and really quiet, from expirience

Back