• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SY-KT333 DRAGON Ultra (Platinum Edition)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pixel, get the regular DRAGON Ultra. More USB 2.0 Headers!! Seriously, though, the VIA Apollo KT333 chipset is the exact same set as a KT266A, only with a possible max FSB of 333MHz and DDR333 support. :cool:?

(Can Anyone tell How much of a social life I have?)
________
GAMO ROCKET GRAINS BALLISTIC 150CT

Last edited:
i love it, though i cant push it higher than 140fsb and even at that i can only boot in to windows once :(

MaxX said:
i love it, though i cant push it higher than 140fsb and even at
that i can only boot in to windows once :(

i got the ultra too and an 2000+ i overclock it at 1850Mhz with the fastest ram support (256mb samsung pc2700) and it worked i pushed the thing up to 149 fsb with windows XP pro and it worked... the most amazing thing is that i'm using a stock heatsink (volcano 5).

i guess i just have the problem then everything but the cpu is rated at the 166fsb i'm running xp pro, i thought it might be somthing like te usb 2.0:confused:

I got this board
have a moddified 465 enermax powering it
1800+xp chip

all water cooled
2 cd-roms and floppy

for some damn reason i can not get it to finish loading into windows....

all my boot disks are dead and the floppy on rig #2 doesnt work

you guys have any idea why this is happening?

vcore is at 1.85
vmem is 2.8
5v rail is stable at 5.13v

this is really ticking me off please help!

Have you tried playing with the memory settings in the bios? Is it OCed? Maybe the chip just cant take the speeds that you are running it at.

Just got mine up and running first shot (well, I did fry my CPU, but that was my bad not the mobos:D ) with no problems.

I hear this board is not great at overclocking (ok, but not great), but it seems stable so far, has great features and of course looks great.

It does have some quirks to be aware of (USB2.0 drivers need to be updated immediately, make sure you get the right HSF to avoid FOC problems), but overall they are minor.

Good luck.

i`ve got the lite version of the same board.no raid,lan or usb 2
and it has 4 channel sound instead of 6;had it for about 2 weeks
and the only troubles i`ve had currupted hard disk at certian fsb;
duron id as mobile duron;no cold boot with cpu clock set to 133.
i`ve had it up to 158 fsb but it was unstable tho i think it is my
memory(corsair value ram).it wont post f i set mem clk to 166 with
least agressive settings vmem maxed

Back