• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick: Which Ti4400 card to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

No, I showered
I'm hoping to order the card sometime today (before I chicken out). Here are the cards (in no particular order) with shipped prices. I want to overclock as well as possible and want image quality. VIVO would be nice, but isn't a necessity. I'd also prefer that it not be screamingly loud.

Leadtek A250 bulk: $236.95
Leadtek A250 retail: $241.95
Abit Siluro: $235
EVGA: $232.95 (not the one with ACS2)
Gainward Golden Sample: $267
MSI: $237
Pine Technology: $233
Chaintech: $241.95 (normal cooler, not the SE)
Visiontek: $264

All the above are from NewEgg for those interested. I realize that it's probably too late to get it shipped today, but I would like to get the processing started.

I would narrow it down to this:

Leadtek A250 bulk: $236.95
Gainward Golden Sample: $267
MSI: $237

After that, well... I don't know.

What happened to the ASUS one?

-PC

It was too far out of my price range. It was pushing $300. If I was going to pay that much, I'd probably go ahead and buy a Ti4600 card. Really, the Gainward is pushing things. This has to get wife approval as it is. I mean, she'll let me do it within reason, but I've gotta go to bed with her at night IYKWIMAITYD.

Yes, but that's assuming that the 4400 isn't overclocked in itself (which I can assure you it will be. For the price difference, I'll pay the extra few $ and get a 4400 of some model. Plus I think all the Gainward 4200s are out of stock anyways.

This card looks pretty tempting: GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 3.5ns, 64MB DDR at http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=14-128-128

Consider this. The Gainward card reviewed at Hardocp.com (see link above) was a Ti4200 but only had 4ns memory and made it to about 560 MHz. The Gainward card linked to above has 3.5ns memory which should easily get it to about 600++ MHz. Plus most cores seem to top out around 320 MHz anyways .

But then again all of the 4400 cards you linked to probably have 128mb of memory.

Back