• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with dell case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamasha_Strife

Anyone knows how to get the green wind tunnel thing on Dell Dimension 8100 desktops??? The exhaust fan on my dad's comp fell off and I cant get to it because of that damn piece of plastic. I tried playing with it a bit but there's no apparent means to take it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated

im sorry i have no idea, is there anyway you could post a pic so i can see it?

EDIT: if it is like this
ghzcooling.jpg

then it looks like there is a screw holding it inbetween the psu and the wind tunnel, you will have to remove the power suply, there also may be one at the bottom, above the PCI slots.

Last edited:
Hey,
My last job I had the same PC I took off the stupid thing once. It's kind of a pain I think if you look at the back of the PC you'll see slots where the thing slides in like the fan mounts on most PC cases for the front fan. There are 2 phillips screws also look close they are hidden under the bottom edge of the green fan shroud.
Good luck
Pepsi

Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to take it off after calling Dell. They assured me it wasnt stuck to anything and that the only way to take it off was push 2 little buttons and pull as hard as possible. Putting it back on was as much of a pain. The funny thing is I realized my CPU was cooled by a passive cooler!!! Admitedly they put a fan at the back of the wind tunnel but there's only 1 opening and it doesnt seem that fan is moving much air... Oh well I guess that's what America's Favorite PC is...

Back