• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Average temp for 1900+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DAVE76

Registered
I am running a [email protected] and my temp is at 51 deg C.
is this too high for idle. I ran 3d mark 2001 loop 5x and no crashes. My Soltek SL-75drv5 board seems too be very stable at 145 fsb and vCore @ 1.825. But still conserned about temp.

a good temp id say is 30 - 35
a avrage temp is prob 40- 45
and a not horrible, but not good temp is 50- 55

mines 46 - 55
it works.. but im gona get a new Big fan, for cpu.. and cahnge all the fans..

ya its a bit high lower it im on a 1800 bw

But full load is only 55 deg C on the diode. Should I be worried? I'm running a Dragon Orb 3. Is this not a good overclock?:(

Wow! I ran SiSoft Sandra burn in on the CPU and load temp reached 60 deg C! I'm not the smartest man alive, but I think thats too high. What hsf would you recomend? :eek:

Does your board read the on board diode in the chip or does it have an in socket thermistor?
If the it reads the onboard diode inside the chip then your temp isn't to bad probably.
Btw Welcome to the forums.

cpu burn aka k7burn

full load - 48C with a volcano 7
idle - 38C

temps not that great, but oh well, at least not in the 50s..

although mine is only a 1700+ overclocked to 1.6ghz (1900+)

The temp is read from the diode. Another question is, will the thermalright AX-7 fit the Soltek SL-75DRV5 Motherboard I have and Is this heatsink a better performer than the dragon orb 3 that I have? :confused:

Sorry can't answer your question about the hsf. Take a look at the heatsink guide on the front page it should help you make an informed decision. I haven't air cooled in quite a long time.

Your temp probe might no be reading accuratly. If its not touching the cpu it could be reading the air temp below it and not the actual cpu temp. If it runs OK you're safe AMD's max temp is something like 90C.

Rbreb13 said:
Your temp probe might no be reading accuratly. If its not touching the cpu it could be reading the air temp below it and not the actual cpu temp. If it runs OK you're safe AMD's max temp is something like 90C.
His temp should be very accurate. The temp is being read from the onboard diode in the chip not an in socket thermistor as he said in his reply to my original question to him. A temp of 55c inside the core is pretty good. From what I have read if your die temp is say 45c your actual core temp from the diode is usually around 7-9c higher. So if what I have read is true his die temp is around 46-48c not terrible but could be improved. I hope to be able to verify what I have read soon I have tried to build a diode reader but my vision just isn't good enough to solder the small pins on the max ic so I will have to buy a reader from Hoot. Hope this helps some and if anyone else can back up what I have said or knows that I'm wrong I'd love to hear what you have to say. :)

DAVE76 said:
The temp is read from the diode. Another question is, will the thermalright AX-7 fit the Soltek SL-75DRV5 Motherboard I have and Is this heatsink a better performer than the dragon orb 3 that I have? :confused:
Sorry, The thermalright ax-7 does not fit the soltek drv5. There are plenty of other cooling options that would fit your motherboard. You can check out the thermalright slk600 which perfroms almost as well as tht ax-7.

First of all I would like to thank mustangman for welcoming me into the forums, and all of you for spreading the knowledge. I truely apreciate it.:cool:

Back