• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help, a7v266e and usb scanner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jajmon

I'm at my whits end on this. I can't get my Acer usb scanner working on this rig (see sig) I have been to the a7v troubleshooting web site, I flashed my bios from 1004b to 1007, installed the latest 4in1 via drivers, installed latest scanner drivers,windows update etc. Still know luck. I need to get this scanner working as this rig is now the wife's and she uses the puter for business. (I inherit a Duron700 rig, which is still intact so I can switch back if need be) Any help or suggestions would be appriciated,,,,,,,,,,thanks in advance.

Oni - thanks for the quick response, as I type this I am printing some troubleshooting FAqs from the scanner web site. I'll post back later.

Thanks again

Well, still no luck.:( I have it hooked up to the old puter for the time being, as that box is still intact. The beat goes on,,,,

I was able to borrow another scanner, diff brand, and was able to get it to work no problem. I unhooked that scanner and hooked up my scanner, just to try. (shutdown between switching scanners) Booted up and that didn't work. Uninstalled software from 'borrowed' scanner, installed my software, rebooted, same problem when trying to use my scanner, 'image read error, please recycle scanner power' - sigh, back to square one.

Back