• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download DirectX9 now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What exactly will this do?

Is there anything out there that actually is gonna make this worth downloading?

well, Screw it ,,, i dl this and install this any everything is working fine so far, but here's a newbie question,
where do i open DirectX at, iam lost cant find folder, (never could find it) lol funny i think.
Thanks

DevilMan24 said:
well, Screw it ,,, i dl this and install this any everything is working fine so far, but here's a newbie question,
where do i open DirectX at, iam lost cant find folder, (never could find it) lol funny i think.
Thanks

Start button->Run

type "dxdiag" (no quotes)

I only download DirectX updates of the Microsoft website now.

A while ago, I downloaded a DirectX 8.1 beta and man that was hell! I kept getting messages every time i booted up and every time I tried to play some sort of 3d application. I had to end up getting DirectXBuster (http://www.directxbuster.de) and using that 4 times!

So I only go for Microsoft now. If I get that problem with them, I'll b**** at them.

-PC

AXIA said:
Well, the only catch is that this build expires on August 6~21st!, but Beta2 is coming which will remove the time cap.

But untill then,

http://mikemth.com/downloads.php?d_op=getit&filepath=OS/DirectX/DirectX9.zip

DirectX 9 for everyone!!

AXIA

Why the hell should we do this???

-->> "Never touch a running system!" <<--

...and in my opinion DirectX 9 is as necessary as sh** - there are only two or three games that use some DirectX 8 features by now!!

!! PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I´M WRONG !! I´m adaptive!

I found a way to bypass the wrong version error

qoute from crash override (over at rage3d forum)

Here is how to fix that :
1)Click on your start button
2)Click on the run button
3)Type in regedit
4)Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX
5)In there you will see a KEY that says Version
6)Modify this to 4.08.01.0810
7)close down regedit reboot

Re: Re: Download DirectX9 now!

Bigsexy said:

Why the hell should we do this???

...and in my opinion DirectX 9 is as necessary as sh** - there are only two or three games that use some DirectX 8 features by now!!

!! PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I´M WRONG !! I´m adaptive!
Why do we overclock? Why do we use watercooling, big fan's, peltier's? Why do we mod are cases, use HD cooler's, throw nice pretty light's in there? Cause it's something to do! Something to experiment with and have fun, That's why.

Re: Re: Re: Download DirectX9 now!

bdf24 said:

Why do we overclock? Why do we use watercooling, big fan's, peltier's? Why do we mod are cases, use HD cooler's, throw nice pretty light's in there? Cause it's something to do! Something to experiment with and have fun, That's why.

I'm in total agreement with that, but how can you experiment with DX9? Other than writing your own code to use its capabilities.

If you(anyone) know of anything that can show what it can do, please reply, cause I'd be really interested in checking it out.

Re: Re: Re: Download DirectX9 now!

bdf24 said:

here here:beer:

if i could fit that in my sig i would, thats excellent:D

-Malakai

What is this guy on? Touching a running system is what overclocking is all about. Most overclockers dont overclock on damaged or mismanaged computers, they do it on running systems! What a newb.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Download DirectX9 now!

Zuck Gou :) said:

I'm in total agreement with that, but how can you experiment with DX9? Other than writing your own code to use its capabilities.

If you(anyone) know of anything that can show what it can do, please reply, cause I'd be really interested in checking it out.
All I'm saying is that installing software like Dx9 or driver's or anything to try and improve performance and play around with is what we do. That's what we enjoy. Atleast that's my take on it.
MrX said:
What is this guy on? Touching a running system is what overclocking is all about. Most overclockers dont overclock on damaged or mismanaged computers, they do it on running systems! What a newb.
I did'nt type that to start a flame war so please don't let it turn into one.

MrX said:

absolutely no insults/flames allowed in these forums.....that said, when DX9 has no benefits for anyone unless they have a Parhelia lying around (which i doubt) i see no reason to install it....

I installed it (just for fun) on a secondary machine that I don’t care if it gets all messed up and forces me to reinstall windows. With that said, there was of course no change in anyway to the speed of anything. Newer DX versions than your card supports change nothing. Direct X 9 shouldn’t have any effect on a GF3s game performance. Just as Direct X 7 and 8 had no effect at all on my now dead voodoo 3. As Funnyperson said, unless you have an NV30 or Parhelia lying around, there is no reason to download this. Besides, that german server is slow. ;)

Back