• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Blaster AUDIGY Platinum..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wubism

Is this really worth the money 166 bucks for sound is cheap.. hell for that price i might as well got for the klipsch 5.1 promedia

Might as well just get the oem soundcard without the fancy drive and stuff... :D Tho imho i think the card itself is well worth it compared to the live!

I love mine. I really like the drive. Now if you are a big time musician there are better cards on the market for recording and such. But as far as sound quality I have not heard better. Its worlds better than my old SB live. Now I just need to get my Logitech Z560's and I will be off running.

i never got my stupid drive to work but it really hasnt bothered me that much. I didn't find it all that useful. IMHO just get the card itself

I have one and I'd highly reccomend AGAINST it. I still get the same terrible crackling problems and such that I got with the Live. Try a Hercules Game Thearter XP.

I got the Audigy Platinum Ex and it`s Fantastic!!!! Although i do recomend deleting all the old drivers for you other SB`s first as it will cause problems. The external drive on this is great as i no longer have to climb around the back of the PC to plug speakers or mics or portable stull any more.....wifes happy cos it means i use the Earphones more! But I do recomend it and with MOHAA, JEDi Outcasts, RTCW it rocks you can really hear the difference. As wether you need the Front drive or not thats for you to decide on! But well worth the money.

Just my 2 pennies, 2 yen, 2 cents, francs....did i miss any? :D

I had an audigy and couldnt get the thing working. No amount of tweaking and installing and uninstalling would do it, and creative tech support just didnt want to know. I later found out from another forum (sorry, cant remember the url) that there was a batch of audigys that had a major problem working with VIA chipsets. Apparently creative knew of this but did nothing about it anyway. I ended up having to sell mine on ebay. bought a turtle beach santa cruz (sold in europe as the videologic sonic fury) and all was fine. After creatives performance with that card, I dont think Ill ever buy anything of theirs again.

I have no room for error, therefor, when one brand does me wrong.. it's blacklisted. SoundBlaster. had their SB Live! 5.1 X-Gamer... crackling constantly - Creative blacklisted. ATi, had one of their Radeon 7500's... it fried on me the 3rd week I had it - ATi blacklisted. I could go on, but you get the point.

Right now i'm using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz... it sounds much better than my X-Gamer did and NO CRACKLING! So far, so good. I'd recommend this sound card. I personally haven't tried Hercules, came close, but grabbed the Turtle Beach instead.

That's just my 2 Somalian shillings ;)

Morbid said:
I have no room for error, therefor, when one brand does me wrong.. it's blacklisted. SoundBlaster. had their SB Live! 5.1 X-Gamer... crackling constantly - Creative blacklisted. ATi, had one of their Radeon 7500's... it fried on me the 3rd week I had it - ATi blacklisted. I could go on, but you get the point.

Right now i'm using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz... it sounds much better than my X-Gamer did and NO CRACKLING! So far, so good. I'd recommend this sound card. I personally haven't tried Hercules, came close, but grabbed the Turtle Beach instead.

That's just my 2 Somalian shillings ;)

Pretty soon youll just have a cardboard box sitting on a table.:temper:

rlemieux said:

Pretty soon youll just have a cardboard box sitting on a table.:temper:

Hehe, until it falls apart because I spilt Dr. Pepper on it... then i'll be on an imaginary computer where everything works great and overclocks 50% or better! :beer:

rlemieux said:
50% thats it. Mine does 20.24Gigs..... Guess I have a better imagination, lol:D

I never said what speed it would be overclocked from.. I said 50% or better ;)

Better = infinite.

CPU would be somewhere around 2PHz, GPU would be 250THz/560THz DODR (Double Octo Data Rate), etc., etc... ;) :D :beer:

Back