• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free HTML guide??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
<-----Webpage noob.

I'm going to be modifying a webpage that someone else built. The guy who created it is going to give me some notes so I can learn as I go... the things I'd be doing include: changing text, adding graphics, and moving things around.

I want to do a little research before-hand. Is there a place I can find a beginner's guide to HTML online?

Is there any software I need? He was saying I just need to edit text. I can use DreamWeaver maybe... have a copy of it but not installed and never used it. It's version 2.0, so it prolly sukz.

The site will look a lot like the 3dmark page link in my sig... the same guy who's been working on that site is handing over the 3dmark's sister site to me.

Also, there are one or two other people who will be helping me with the workload... updates. What's the best way for me to grant them access to the site if it's stored on my PC? I know jack about this kinda stuff.

These people are in some of my IM progs, and I can elect to file-share the folder with them and only them... will that work so that they can edit and save changes to the site too???

My security is a hardware firewall (router) and Zone Alarm... adequate??

Last edited:
Here is a simple guide on html. Here

Your version of Dreamweaver is kinda old. Dreamweaver 4 is already out. You can get a trial of Dreamweaver 4 from here
With dreamweaver you dont need to know any html but I would say that using notepad is alot quicker.

You could set up an FTP thing so that they could connect to your computer and then edit files, upload files, delete files on your site etc.

DW 4

I could get that but I shouldn't tell ya about it....;)

it sounds like u r gonna hosting the site urself?!

if so, u'll also need to setup the FTP server and grant them (the others who also edit/update the site) access to ur server so they could update/delete/upload the site.

Dreamweaver is pretty good especially for non-HTMLer. however, it's also recommended to at least understand the basic of HTML (like tags. etc.) it would help down the road!

good luck!!

Back