• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wu not transmitting...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IGuaNAdoN

Registered
seems like none of my wu are beeing transmitted... any ideas? I seem to be getting points, but on my end it says failed to transmit.

I would post a screen shot... but not sure how.

thanks,

IgGy :D

ps I use EMIII and noticed under F@H client cfg file Info it says Active: no

any ideas on this one also?

This is very common on dialup. Your work is being used and credited but for some reason there is just a problem telling your client that it was received. If your work is being credited then it's probably fine

ok... so what happens to all these files in queue? will they just keep building up? any info on the Active: no thing?

thanks again,

they will build up in the queue until it is filled (0-9 = 10 slots in the queue) and then the client will delete the oldest one to make room. Stanford has been working on the problem and hopefully it will be resolved with the new 3.0 client. you can delete the WUs from the text-only client by using the '-delete 0x' switch (without the quotes of course), where x is the WU queue number.

well I think its working correct... but the client on my side thinks that it is not transmitting the wu. My points are going up... so I guess I'll just hold out for 3.0.

thanks for all the input

Well,. there's some pretty rough places here, but not where I live, just refering to the area as a whole, not bad, just technologicly backwards! :( Most people don't even know what ISDN is yet!

Flamed_Chip said:
Well,. there's some pretty rough places here, but not where I live, just refering to the area as a whole, not bad, just technologicly backwards! :( Most people don't even know what ISDN is yet!

whats that stand for?

I
save
dimes
&
nickels

Im having a similar problem, sorta different tho

Ive successfully sent in my work, but I dont see my name on the stats list. Is it because its not updated yet or some error? I filled it out correctly, the F@H ID matches the OC folding website's ID, team 32, and it doesnt show.

EDIT: apparently it doesnt pick up my team affiliation, but has my WU at the main stanford site. How do you change the config file?

---X--- said:
Im having a similar problem, sorta different tho

Ive successfully sent in my work, but I dont see my name on the stats list. Is it because its not updated yet or some error? I filled it out correctly, the F@H ID matches the OC folding website's ID, team 32, and it doesnt show.

EDIT: apparently it doesnt pick up my team affiliation, but has my WU at the main stanford site. How do you change the config file?

You can try to edit the config file iwth a text editor(NOT wordpad though) or you can run one of the config options for the client.

To run it from the command line you need to add the -config flag. This will let it configure the client.
If you are running the GUI version all you will need to do is right click on the icon in the sys tray and select "Configure" and it will bring up the configureation window where you can change team numbers.
Hope that helps

updated to FAH3console.exe and it works! :) I love it even more now.

Peace,

Ploaf said:

You can try to edit the config file iwth a text editor(NOT wordpad though) or you can run one of the config options for the client.

To run it from the command line you need to add the -config flag. This will let it configure the client.
If you are running the GUI version all you will need to do is right click on the icon in the sys tray and select "Configure" and it will bring up the configureation window where you can change team numbers.
Hope that helps

yeah, after I posted I went through the config file through notepad, turns out I put [] around the 32, musta made a difference, so once I finish this 100 frame WU we'll see what happens...*crosses fingers* lol

Back