• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal for Corsair pc2700 benchmark to be....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
Sisoft Sandra Pro 2002 tells me that my memory bandwidth is about 2.12GB/sec but i have ddr333 pc2700 corsair xms stick in there.....so is this normal??? I have my fsb overclocked to 140mhz 4:5 divider on mem... 350 mhz ddr ram o/c. On no o/c its like 2.04GB/sec

I checked a few reviews of this board out and your memory scores look right, If you want to improve them if your cpu is unlocked run the memory and cpu at the same speed at as high a fsb you can get rather than using the 4:5 option as there are latency penalty's when using this that make the option not as effective as one would think.

I agree with placid, and don't worry when I wasn't overclocked I got the same scores pretty much but now with the fsb at 180mhz I get sandra mem scores like this 2559/2432

Yeah, here's a question, it seems that there's a difference between PC3000 RAM running at 180 MHz and PC2100 RAM running at the same speed. Question is, should there be a difference or is it just my computers setup? I get around 2300's/2100's at that speed. My system's in my sig, obviously not running at 180 MHz but I tried it and don't get the same results as 12am.

You will sometimes see a small difference depending on brand but in your case its probably memory timing settings or bios version since there is such a big difference.

Last edited:
Ahhh... I have my timings at 2.5-2-6-2... what's yours at 12am? (tell me I'm making sense here... ie, I seem to have an understanding of what you said)

ok I'm using memory timings of 2,2,5,1T also theprgd try enabling 4 way bank interleaving in your bios if you have it, enabling that should bump up your memory scores a little

theprdg, your vcore settings seem extremely high to me man, is there any way to get your cpu stable with less voltage? cuz your seriously running a thin line of damaging your cpu with that voltage, not to mention seriously cutting the life of your processor by quite a few years

Yeah, my bank interleave is at 4, everything is at the fastest timings except for the 2.5 and 6. But here's a question, if I could have those (which I can't) at 2 and 5, would that give me a 200 score difference?

And yeah, it was a tad high, but now I'm just going for fsb as opposed to raw speed.

there is the possibility that setting yours to 2.5 and 6 that your loosing the 200 or so marks in the score, but remember that sandra is only a synthetic benchmark and in real world performance you probably won't notice a diffrence at all between 2.5,6 and 2,5 I'd think that the most influental setting on my sys that's giving me the biggest boost is the 1T Command timing setting. good choice about going for as much fsb as you can, the more bandwidth you can give your system the faster it'll be, I'm gonna try for a fsb of 190 soon with the multi at 9.0 wich will give me the same speed that I'm at now but running 190fsb, but I don't know if I wanna put my hd's that far outta spec

Back