• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Vs Entermax Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WinFlex

So both antec and enermax have a claim to fame here: They both say they build the most reliable and quietest powersupplies around... I'm just curious what you guys think? Antec, with their stable but simple units, or enermax with their new power - adjustible and ultraquiet devices?

Let me know what you think! :)

I like the enermax, I justed ordered another 431w with the dual fans and speed control. I think that its the quitest PSU out there.

my antec true power 430W is great. 5v always above 5.03
and very quiet. :p

I have an Enermax. Sucks with the 5v. I never knew it dipped to 4.84 after running Toast High Priority + Prime95 Torture. Antec seem to be always over 5v even under the heaviest load. I think they're the best PSU and I did recommend that PSU Foxer!

Yodums

Phleg said:
PCP&C all the way =)

Deep pockets, eh? ;) They make great PSUs though, that's for sure.

I have 4 Antec and 2 Enermax PSUs and I find no difference in their products. They are both excellent power supplies IMO. The only thing I will give Enermax over Antec is that they make the EG-651P(VE), a 550 watt (650w peak) monster of a PSU. I have two. One is for my dual AMD and the other runs a peltier in a XP rig. Antec just recently started making one like it though.

In my experiences there is no difference between the two aside from the name. They are both excellent power supplies.

I just installed a 400watt Antec last night to replace my generic 375watt power supply and WOW!!! Rock stable now and no power dips at all. All my PCI cards work the way they should now and the thing is whisper quiet compared to the old unit. I just ordered two more refurb units from NewEgg today as a matter of fact.

turboalpine

I bought an Antec 400w PSU from Ebay and when I got it, it didn't work. Well, I called Antec and they said they will replace it anyway eventhough I was not the original owner and the warranty seal was broken. Antec bailed me out so I highly recommend them just because their customer service is awesome. Don't know anything about Enermax though.

I have read posts in many threads in many topics in here ... and Enermax seems to have problems with a sagging 5v rail quite often. You guys who have no problems, great!

I read a few posts about complete failure of an Antec PSU, but not sag problems.

Personally, I love my Antec. :D

Just my .02

Loud said:
I have read posts in many threads in many topics in here ... and Enermax seems to have problems with a sagging 5v rail quite often. You guys who have no problems, great!

I read a few posts about complete failure of an Antec PSU, but not sag problems.

Personally, I love my Antec. :D

Just my .02

They do, nuff said!

I had an Enermax 431w PSU, hated it, caused too many instabilities when overclocked, but now I have an Antec 430w TruePower and the thing rocks, completely stable and very very quiet..

Back