• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Packet CD for XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chameleon

I used to use Cequadrat Packet CD for writing to my CDRW drive as I was a handy way of turning the CD into another read-write drive (useful with windows commander to just drag and drop) But when I tried to install it on my XP setup, it crashed!
Is there a more up to date version or another program that will do the same job?

Welcome to the forums!

Im pretty sure Easy CD Creaton would do that. I think when you go into a foder in XP there will be a thing on the side that will say write this file to CD.

Easy CD Creator's DirectCD does exactly that. It works better than the XP thing inside the folders that gives you option of writing files to cd. Everytime I've tried to do it like that, the cds get screwed up. Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 is the newest one and it works on XP.

I rember Cequadrat's JustBurn! It was a pretty nifty little program, but they just stopped making them and they don't have support or updates for XP!

I've tried to install it but it has that stoopid Adaptec fault where it crashes the system if I have any other CD software installed. I like using Neroburn so is there any other way around it?

Back