• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Prescott use Socket 478???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Knowing intel they will probably chage the socket once again. This is the onlything that makes me mad about intel that they change the socket like every year :mad: They would be smart to keep the same socket for a bit and only change it when its absoutley nessassary.

thanks guys.. I also looked everywhere but found nothing.. if they do change it, it's not going to be because they have to.. but to make everyone buy a new board... *******s..

yes there is

its called socket 604 its for 3ghz up :) each ghz has a new mobo if you never noticed ;)

Are you saying that there will be no 3GHz for the 478 socket?? If that's the case.. then intel ... I just have no words to explain it..:rolleyes:

socket 478 is old and unable to do 166fsb plus preesscott is 32\64bit its a plus :)

BigRed said:
Knowing intel they will probably chage the socket once again. This is the onlything that makes me mad about intel that they change the socket like every year :mad: They would be smart to keep the same socket for a bit and only change it when its absoutley nessassary.

the socket 478 can't do 166fsb or can it do 64bit

Dragger said:

the socket 478 can't do 166fsb or can it do 64bit

I have my CPU at 170MHz bus speed at this moment.. 100% stable... I'm not sure of 64bit.... but 166MHz bus is nothing..

it doesnt matter if the socket is different ifyou need a new chipset anyway, which you will :)

Back