• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 BIOS 1007 & Q-FAN overheating problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

e_8_a_y

Hi guys!

As we are starting to find out now about the latest bios 1007 for the A7V333 mobo overheating your cpu's due to Q-Fan being ENABLED!
As a thread i just read from an overclocker it killed his cpu!
xxsicknessxx

i managed to notice mine via PC-Probe and the asus Ipanel display before it got to that stage thank god!

But people this is what you dont know about that bios and i think it should be passed round us for safety so we all know. In the new bios 1007 it has a new setting to shutdown your computer at a setting you choose from 70 to 90 i think(VERY HIGH THAT?) but i noticed this when i rebooted to bios and checked what's new so i set it to 70 the minimum and booted up!. Then as i said in a tread called WARNING!!! NEW BIOS !!! ALERT!!! overheating problem my cpu ran up to 72 on the ipanel and on the pc probe and it DIDNT SHUTDOWN !!!

I shut the sucker down when i spotted it!

So people DONT THINK YOUR SAFE it didnt work for me!!!

And my sympathy geos out to you xxsicknessxx who didnt notice the Q-fan deal, my heart is with you, not good when your trying a new board, if its any consilation then my first A7V333 i killed it using the start menu bios update! this is mobo number 2!

So i dont recommmend using that program! bios flash in dos with start up floppy and use aflash and file 1007.BIN !!!!

Cheers all

[if things were easy we would all be board!]

Chill and clock that sucker till it squeals......................

Last edited:
OOOpps

i just killed my board duin the asus update from the cd :(

Does this mean im out of pocket ? no replacable bios ?

And if i do get this sorted and end up updating bios again or getting 1007....can u disable the qfan totally?

Going to nag the shop where i got me board tomorrow...see what happens :(

Thx M8....they look in the bios biznizz...

Gonna ring shop now see what they say ???

Is that bios update place in the states ?? will they mail here ?

Ta Star:)

hey guys, i did the same ! killed my first board using the cd rom update ........ but luckily it was when these boards first came out and it wasnt known.......... so i got a replacement........ i am now using the latest bios oo7-009 beta. all seems ok and the latest via drivers...... but i have a problem..... when booting up it takes a very long time when i have my net card in... sometimes it hangs and i have to restart. and when it does it goes into safe mode .,.. so i remove the card in device properties and restart . it does and goes to windows where it then finds my net card ... so when it restarts after finding it all is ok until i shut it down again............. i have tried moving this card into alll the pci slots and still have the same problem all over again ......... can anyone help me with this ???????????????

sounds like you got yourself a conflict ! of PCI slots?

take all pci slots out and put only the net card in, see what happens?

Also is your net card a new one get latest drivers if not and dont use windows ones use its own and latest!

Try that.........

laters peeps.......................

Back