• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone modded a Pavilion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josephtischer

Just curious if anyone here has found a place to mount extra fans in the HP pavilions. I currently own one and cannot for the life of me figure where I could possibly put another fan. Do they sell fans smaller than 3 inches. If so where and for how much as I could possibly mount them by the ports and add more cooling to this rig.

I'm curious. I rather doubt you could overclock an HP. The
BIOS has no options and I don't see a place to mod the
MB. Also the ducted fan in the Pavilions is quite good.
So, why mod an HP?

But, to answer your question, I think you could put a fan
in the side cover or use one of those PCI slot fans.

What's up?

cooling my HP

I have made changes to the items in my box since I bought it. The video card and sound card amd memory have both been upgraded from the stock to the items below. I have added a buss-cool pci fan card to my rig but I think I might nee a little more cooling. I have been able to oc my video card via powerstrip and this has added heat to my system. I have done my best to try and clean up the cable mess that was my system. Regardless my system does get a little hot and this frightens me a bit.

Nice rig. I completely forgot that you might have a Vid card
in the Pavilion....yea, that does add some heat.

Does your Pavlion have the cooling fan in the plastic duct
blowing onto a plain HS w/o a fan on the CPU? It's that
way on the Pentiums, but I've never seen an Athlon Pavilion.

If that is the case, moding the side panel for a fan could be
tricky. I would be concerned with balanced air flow. HP just
isn't mod-friendly.

adding a fan

I am thinking of adding an internal fan to pull air out of the ports in the from. The question at hand is where can I find some small fans that can be used for this. I have about 3 inches of clearance top to bottm and about 5 vertically in front of the ports which are just two 1/2 inch by 2 inch slots side by side.

case....not really

I am just looking for a place that most of you use to get some smaller fans. I want to keep the look of the case as I have the matching keyboard and the printer. I really don't want to ghetto-fy my computer as I will be giving it to my gf in a year and will build a new one then.

Forgot.....
I have a fan hooded toward my processor which has a passive heatsink.

Back