• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving Seti Queue to New Machine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I need to shuffle some boxes around between here and work, and I would like to put my seti queue on a new box. Trouble is I don't know if I can copy the cache/user folders to a new system with a fresh install of Seti Queue. Does anyone know if this works? Will a fresh copy of the server recognize all of the users and caches if I just copy the folders over?

TC said:
I need to shuffle some boxes around between here and work, and I would like to put my seti queue on a new box. Trouble is I don't know if I can copy the cache/user folders to a new system with a fresh install of Seti Queue. Does anyone know if this works? Will a fresh copy of the server recognize all of the users and caches if I just copy the folders over?

You loose the graphs but the wu's will be fine and some of the user data.

Re: Re: Moving Seti Queue to New Machine?

Basher said:

You loose the graphs but the wu's will be fine and some of the user data.
Well as long as I don't destroy user accounts and their caches. I would assume the graph stats and remaining info will regenerate with time will it not?

I just copy the SETIQueue directory to the new machine and fire it up on the new machine. Change a few settings to reflect the new server IP, if necessary. Haven't had a problem yet.

Greg M said:
I just copy the SETIQueue directory to the new machine and fire it up on the new machine. Change a few settings to reflect the new server IP, if necessary. Haven't had a problem yet.
So it doesn't add any registry entries and things of that nature when it is first installed?

I haven't done a snapshot of the registry before and after to know for sure, but I haven't had an issue with it not running or having errors. Upgrading SETIQueue is also as simple as replacing the .exe with the updated version, so I don't think SETIQueue burrows into the OS like some other apps.

good question TC. that's what i've been thinking too, moving queue server to another machine.

from what i know, it doesn't seem to have any registry entry at all. should be a simple "cut & paste" from machine to machine....

pls tell us after u've tried.....:rolleyes:

Back