• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think its time for a new board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisdafu

Well I decided I want a new mobo and need help deciding on which to get. I know I want an epox because I havent heard a bad review of them. But I dont know which one I want. I need for me to be able to use my duron in it now and later a XP 2100+, have on-board sound, and a NIC would be nice but I guess I could go pick one up for $15 or so, and ddr ram slots. Im looking to overclock my duron and *maybe* my XP but I'll be scared to mess it up:( I currently have my 1.0 duron at 1.12 with stock cooling but think it would go higher but this stupid ecs mobo goes from 1.12 to like 1.4 in the bios:mad: I hope with a new board I could get it up to around 1.2 or higher.
Thanks,
Chris

8KHA+ with the KT266A chipset or the 8K3A (+with RAID) with the KT333 chipset are the best they offer at the moment.

You can buy refurbished 8KHA+'s from newegg for around $50. If you don't want to spend lots of money, but want a great overclocking motherboard, that's the way to go.

Thanks I think I'm going to be getting a 8KHA+ since there good overclockers and really cheap. Thanks for all the help.

The 8kha+ is a great board. Overclocks easily and runs stable as #$%^. Newegg refurb is a great price but new retail @ $88 + $8 s/h isnt too bad either.
I also have a ecs board and with the oc bios it is a breeze to hit 1.24.

8kha+ only thing is theres no raid.
8k3A+ if u have the money. great for future up grades and supports pc2700 rams

Back