• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card bios - what else does it do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

please, id like to know about how a video card bios works. if anyone has a link explaining that.
ive been trying with the bios to my msi g3ti200 but i not really know the things the bios will control besides that normal stuff we have the option to modify wiht editors.
whats the difference between a reference nvidia bios and the manufacters oem if i edit both to be the same - tv modes, gpu/memory timings, strap and the usual stuff in the editors?

Umm, I would actually like to know that also. One thing I know is that I actually flashed my GeForce the other day to change the "default" speed from 120 to 150. But since I used Nvidia's reference drivers, I couldn't used ASUS's program to monitor the temp, and fan speed, so I swhiched bech, thats the first and only thing I can think of so far.

There's a senior member named Redduc something or other and he is the resident video card bios expert next to Silversinksam (the mod).

ok i hope they see the thread. otherwise im gonna pm them.
thanks Pinky.

bigfoot, that helps actually but i do beleive there must be something else the bios will work on. that you say about using the nvidia reference drivers is correct or you meant the reference bios? - so that the asus monitor program wouldnt work with it.
thanks for the replies.

Back