• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit xT7 series mobo wiring questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kartman

Hello All,

Its been a good 2-2.5 years since my last PC build. I was wondering if someone could point something out regarding the wiring process for the case's gadgets:

Power Switch
Reset Switch
Speaker
HDD Activity LED
... and others ...

Each one of those wiring above mentioned gadgets has a black lead and a non-black lead. Is the black lead suppose to the the 'hot' or '+' or orientation?

The IT7 manual shows which pins on the mobo header is '+', but they do not come right out and say, "which is usually the black leads on the wiring harness" and only serves for the analytically minded PC builder to pause.

I'm getting ready to go home and wondered about this wiring orientation. Thus, I cannot simply tear apart on of my other PCs (they are at home and I'm not).

Enlightenment?

PS Anyone got a reccommendation for removing the Intel-applied conductive compound from the back of the heatsink? I did not realize until yesterday (when I forgot to pickup Artic Silver) that I'll probably want to remove the Intel junk. Anyone OCing their P4 1.6A using the stock HSF and stock thermal compund that was already applied at the factory?

Back