• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Install GA-7VRXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckhunter

Ok you loyal Gigabyters, you talked me into it!
Please help me.

I am purchasing the GA-7VRXP tomorrow at the Computer Show.

I want some tips as to installing it properly with RAID and Windows XP.(I know that I have hit F6 during XP install for raid drivers and assume that I need a floppy with RAID drivers)

I have backed up my data and my twin WD 40gb drives are ready to be formatted and arrayed RAID 0. Advice on where to hookup cd-roms in my sig appreciated also.

What advice can you give me as to what drivers to download, before I install, floppy discs to create, etc.

Thanks

I installed my new Gigabyte GA-7VRXP today and new CPU!
The local computer show as giving AMDs away.
My cost was $285 for mobo & 2100 CPU. That means my CPU cost was about $175(WITH retail box 3yr warranty). WOW!
I figured out how to install RAID 0 and WinXP.
This is my first experience with RAID.
Unbelievable it worked without any glitches.
My intial benchmarks are very much improved over that POS ECS system I had.
I haven't started overclocking anything yet.
This new system is so fast I might not tweak it anymore....
yeah right! :D

Last edited:
Yo, I think I have settled on purchasing this bad boy for my next mobo...I'd appriciate any kind of feedback you (well, anyone) can give me on this one, positive or negative...thanks!

I just got my board (rev 1.1) and I can't seem to get my GeForce3 ti500 to work. It locks up after at the dragon test in 3DMark2001. I tried setting clk ratio to +7.5%, tried system bus att 133 and 100, tried 23.11 and 29.42 Detonators, 333 and 266 DDR, disabling all onboard stuff, F4 and F6 BIOS, and Top Performance BIOS setting. I have a Voodoo3 and Radeon 7000 that work fine on it though. My onboard sound, LAN, and all 8 of the USB ports work fine. If I could fix this video problem than I would be really happy with this board. There are alot of other people who don't have any problems with thier GeForce3's so it may be operator error on my part :) I am going to try and do a complete reinstall of everything and see what I get. WIll let you know.

I am having problems with my mobo/vid card too. I have a GF4 ti4200 though and I am RMA'ing the board ASAP. I'm not sure what I'm going to get next though. Any ideas?

I decided to get the MSI KT3 ultra (I think thats the name...the KT333 board)...I've heard lots of good things about it, and it dosent seem to be as buggy as this one. The version without raid is like 77 bucks at newegg, and similarly priced to this board with raid!

I upped my Vcore to 10% and the video works fine now. garasaki, I had an MSI KT133 Turbo before this one and had mad problems with it...maybe the KT333 will be better. This Giga board is great, all the extra features work and the board runs good after you get past the video.

Back