• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

submined system?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
hey guys, i remember a while ago i saw a post here about an oil system, where the mobo is submine in non-conductive oil, then the whole system is cooled by fridge. can anyone please direct me to this post or any information on this setup?

thanks ahead:D

thanks man...i got a PIII here, and planning to do just that....and since the oil freeze point is lower than water, i guess i can keep the oil below 0C, like put the whole system into the freezer or something...

Kato said:
thanks man...i got a PIII here, and planning to do just that....and since the oil freeze point is lower than water, i guess i can keep the oil below 0C, like put the whole system into the freezer or something...

Im not too sure on this, but wont oil gain H from the air and congeal after while at those temps?

yah, it will, but you can seal the oil container airtight once you are done constructing the system. The water in the oil will eventually sink to the bottom of the oil into a bubble. You can leave it there- it looks cool :) - or drain it out by building a spigot into the lowest point of the case.

Back