• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cel. Tua 1,4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aspe

Registered
Is Celeron Tua 1,4 (the last Cel. to be produced I´ve heard) a good overclocker?
Anyone tried?
I´m about to buy new stuff, but what Cel. Tua should I use together with a Abit ST6 mobo?
I would like to reach at least 1550 - 1000 MHz with just aircooling.

Hi & welcome to the forums

The 1.4 celeron tualatin is kind of new....
but it probably wont be a good overclocker....
cause of it's high multipl. x14

The 1.3 wasnt either...so dont expect any better from the 1.4

Prefer the 1.1A..it will do 1500-1560 mhz aircooled...
with 1.750-1.800 vcore

Thanks Tasos,
Sorry, - ofcourse I want 1600 MHz.
From the Forums I understand the 1.1 and 1.2 Tua Cel. seems
to max-out at about 1600 MHz - do you think the 1.4 would reach the same?
FSB 100 x14 would be the start, but what settings could be possible with good 133-RAM. The Abit ST6 has multiples up to 16 I understand.

More overclocking - more fun, but would the final result in any way be better with the 1.1 or 1.2 compared to the 1.4?

Sorry, I´m quite a newbie, but is steppin A1 or B1 something to consider? What´s that - could this be requested at ordering?

You cannot change the multiplier, it is locked by intel it will be 14xwhatever fsb you can get....this is why the 1.1A is the best chip, it gives you good memory performance (guaranteed to hit 133fsb and most of the time hits 140+) and most PC133memory cna handle this as well the 1.2 Celerons are kind of random whether they will hit 1.6/133fsb or not...i suggest the 1.1....if you can get B1 stepping then get it...

Thanks funnyperson1

I got it ...

What does stepping means, and how could I identify it on the CPU?

I've heard someone overclocked 1.4

I've heard that someone overclocked celeron(t) 1.4GHZ to 1.86G with FSB133. He said he checked the clock number, and it booted windows 2000 successfully.
Celeron 1.4 is not selling yet, but he said it was pre-market sample. (which has locked multiplier)

It's been only one person so far, so it doesn't mean anything yet.

But that man is very creditable man in the forum (Korean) where he wrote his review.
So it rises me a little expectation (even if not much)

But don't make any presumption!!!
It may have been overclocked because it was not a retail-boxed Celeron.

Last edited:
^^ If thats true, thats awesome... I wonder if this new stepping will allow more overclocking? Imagine if they all got to 1.8 plus...

*Methinks upgrade time*

Well you could be the 1st one on OC-forums to see how high does 1,4Ghz Celeron go :D Go get one and u're guaranteed 1,4Ghz w/ air. I bet people here will help you to overclock it.

Back