• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 2k on IBM PC Server 325

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDXNC

My friend just bought the above rig and we're trying to install Win 2k Pro on it, prob being, niether of us have any experience with scsi. Both the hard drive and cdrom are scsi. I set what I think is to get it to boot from the cdrom but we are so far unable to get it to boot from the win 2k cd, it says onscreen bootable cd detected then goes on saying some file is missing but it seems like its looking on the hard drive when it says that. So just for the sake of it to make sure the win 2k cd wasn't dead we tried my win XP cd and it gave us the same exact thing, so obviously it is not the cd's. So if anyone knows how to get this thing going its MUCH appreciated.

When i installed 2k on a daul pentium 200 with scsii hd's and cdrom i used the x4 floppy disks. It worked fine then.

You put to the floppies and it detects the cdom and installs the rest from the cd.

Back