• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use pc2700 on a 845E mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyprusRaven

Hello all. I realize that the ddr pc2700 is usable on the 845G boards. But can i use it on 845E mobos? Or is it just completely unusable? What would be the result of this? thanx.

I realize that the ddr pc2700 is usable on the 845G boards.

Sure it's usable, it would just be underclocked at stock settings, get yourself a board you can up the memory multiplier on and you can run it faster.

mjones,

No, what I meant was that the 845G chipset includes the multiplier need to run the pc2700 at 333Mhz as originally intended. From what I understand, 845E chipset doesn't support pc2700 at all...

It doesn't officially support it but some boards still have the option to run the RAM up to PC2700 specs. My 845D chipset doesn't support PC2600 either but I got my RAM up at 150Mhz at the moment. I can't go higher cause this damn ASUS board doesn't have the correct multiplier for it but there are other 845D boards out there that do.

Back