• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New g force ti 4600 trouble heating up.. arr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxsicknessxx

Disabled
ok i got a visiontek extacy gi ti 4600.. ok?

i clock to 305/ 700 (as was told on fourms)

ok worked for awhile then froze.. so treid 300/ 675
now reg .. 300 / 650 wont work.. im gona test right now.. but i dnuno if work anmoyre wTF

Why do you keep complaining about the OC you are getting on Geforce 4's? That is about average. I have the Visiontek Ti 4600 with stock cooling and run it at 325/685. It runs fine like that. To get anything over 320'ish on core and 680'ish on memory, your going to need to volt mod it AND put better cooling (ie 1U cooler and ramsinks) on it. The main limiting factor to G4 oc'ing is the voltage currently. Slap some extra good cooling on it and volt mod it. Then you can max out your core and memory easily. There is a nice HOW-TO guide on volt modding a G4 over at [H] somewhere. I had the link once... :beer:

Also, check your AGP settings in BIOS. Maybe you have some setting that is causing instability on the AGP bus. Try playing around with fast writes, AGP voltage if you have that option, etc.

XiveX

Please dont not post in this thread if you cant nont answer the question.. thank you, this aplies to mods to who i have seen posting things that have nothing to do with what I asked, if u have a stray coment take it to the rants please thank you

xxsicknessxx said:
uhh isnt this for cooling? im sorry let me chcek o wait it is =) lol

Yes it is, but you could post this all in one thread and stop making a different thread for each question!

You have posted basically the same problem in about 10 different threads in the past 2 days.

We are here to help and many of us have tried, but I am sure I am not alone when I say it is getting irritating!

xxsicknessxx said:
Please dont not post in this thread if you cant nont answer the question.. thank you, this aplies to mods to who i have seen posting things that have nothing to do with what I asked, if u have a stray coment take it to the rants please thank you

Are you asking for a vacation?

xxsicknessxx said:

See yah in three days, Primarily for the PM you just sent to me :eek:

my question have been as followed..

gforce why it would over heat
why im getting such bad temps
are my temps safe
what happeed so i dont do it agin

each noe has been differnt here are most comeen asnwers

buy round idde cables (did)
clean case out (did)
run scan disk (did)
buy nylon wraps and tie cords up (did)
make sure u got good ventilation (did)
make sure u have a good heat sink (did)
every thing im todl to do I do, and still its not helping.. now yes im gona ask same question over if i dont get a good answer, ess when its a diff one.. like if i say i might burned somthinhg, then find out 100 percent i did i will post what did i do wrong =)

as for email, if u cant take what I said you should leave the fourms for 3 days, lol any way god bless myownemail .com dont think ill ever run out =)

any way I still want a good answer, no one told me why my g force card woulod overheat with no O/C would that be defective? if so ill return it.. i mean i just got it today.. i oc it a ltitle micro dot.. and it didnt work so stoped.. (people todl me to littl eat a time) o well i can play my games all fine, im gona go get GTA

this why i hate boards so much is the mods plain and simple some are cool do there job.. others arnt.. if u had warned me told me not to double post (wich i never did ) I would of stoped in stead u sent me a very threating email wich I dont like, please dont harras and treaten me anymore.. =) this is america unlessu live in canada wich would explain alot. gooddddbyee trust me I be back =) (router = lots o ip adress's) bwahaha

xxxsicknessxx said:
my question have been as followed..

gforce why it would over heat
why im getting such bad temps
are my temps safe
what happeed so i dont do it agin

each noe has been differnt here are most comeen asnwers

buy round idde cables (did)
clean case out (did)
run scan disk (did)
buy nylon wraps and tie cords up (did)
make sure u got good ventilation (did)
make sure u have a good heat sink (did)
every thing im todl to do I do, and still its not helping.. now yes im gona ask same question over if i dont get a good answer, ess when its a diff one.. like if i say i might burned somthinhg, then find out 100 percent i did i will post what did i do wrong =)

as for email, if u cant take what I said you should leave the fourms for 3 days, lol any way god bless myownemail .com dont think ill ever run out =)

any way I still want a good answer, no one told me why my g force card woulod overheat with no O/C would that be defective? if so ill return it.. i mean i just got it today.. i oc it a ltitle micro dot.. and it didnt work so stoped.. (people todl me to littl eat a time) o well i can play my games all fine, im gona go get GTA

this why i hate boards so much is the mods plain and simple some are cool do there job.. others arnt.. if u had warned me told me not to double post (wich i never did ) I would of stoped in stead u sent me a very threating email wich I dont like, please dont harras and treaten me anymore.. =) this is america unlessu live in canada wich would explain alot. gooddddbyee trust me I be back =) (router = lots o ip adress's) bwahaha

lol this is funny i mad post after post but had no clue about the troll problem but i have been very helpfull to some people and have been nice to mods thats u all u have to do

but to be of the record i do know what u mean about those e-mails i got like 6 months ago when i was like u.

But yea those e-mails are kinda threatning they explain alot but they need to be changed joining a website even tho u were banned doesnt mean a hack threat or possible hack threat i talked this over with my isp so thats one flaw i dont understand in the e-mails.

Yea it is funny thr routers are cool cuss youre ip adress is unlimited i have one my self but that is just to hook my bros comp up my isp changes ip every 3 days to :)

TO ANY MOD IM NOT BEING A *** IM JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO HIM.

And i have tried to help u for like 4 days now iv been nice to u unlike most people on the forums the reason why youre card locks up is the heat issue did u get those fans over top the card like i said th cables and crap people told u to buy are ussless u need some fans to be over top the card to help cool it trust me my Visiontech card over heats if i dont add some fans over top

And this posting AND POSTING AND POSTING THREADS AS GONE TO FAR DUDE you also need to use the spell check i dunno if youre 5 years old and cant spell or u are disexsike if u are sorry but u do need to go back to school and learn to spell

and when forum gives u e-mails like u got just ignore them dont let them get to u like they did on youre last nasty post just follow the rules ad u will be fine

AGAIN ANYMODS IM NOT BEING THREATNING OR ANYTHING JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN A LITTLE THINGS I HAD A ICH TO SAY TO HIM AND THE E-MAILS.

Well for one this is a problem with you trying to overclock a video card, hence why it should be in the video card section, 2, you broke one card trying to overclock it, that should clue you in on a little hint. STOP MESSING WITH IT!

I suggest you go read the nice message a moderator left you in the bottom of your last ti4600 post where you asked what did you do wrong so you don't break it again.

Wow, what a way to get answers to a question, anger the mods and insult everyone else... That sure makes me want to help you... Be happy you only got 3 day suspension, I am on several boards that would drop the banhammer on you long before it got to this...
Anyway, since you're being annoying, all you get is the stock [H] answer:
WATERC00L!!!!1

hmmm wat to say but hmmmm i think u fried ur card!!!! good luck on a rma!!!
XXsicknessXX maybe.

Back