• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burned CDs don't work + setting up ISP on Debian

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fluxer

EDIT: I just booted up from a burned CD. It seems that the problem was that my burned CDs did not contain enough information (about 2mb) and when I added about 15 more mbs of junk, it mounted. :rolleyes: I could probably still use some help setting up my ISP though.

For some reason any CDs I burn for Linux cannot be mounted (a nice little feature). I burned CDs yesterday from ISO's (the ones I used to install Debian) with the same brand and make CDs and they mount fine.

Well, if I can't mount CDs then I need to set up my DSL. I have my DNS, IP, and other information. How do I set it up? I'm using Debian 2.2r6 (Potato).

BTW I'm about to flip out so please help.

Last edited:
Nah, I downloaded the Debian ISO's from linuxiso.org and the install worked fine. I was just having problems mounting a cd burned in windows with some drivers I needed.

Is it an iso9660 cd or a joliet cd? If its the latter, the default debian kernel might not have support for it.

Back