• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 6500 cu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TASOS

An other very good option for P4 478 cpu's

I just tested this new HSF and it's very-very good....and low noise

Just keep in mind...in case you are out for a new HSF.

That heatsink from all i've read is a pretty tame performer when compared to high performance heatsinks like the Swiftechs, Alphas and Thermalright AX-478's

To be honest that Zalman heatsink shouldnt be used for overclocking, its designed to be low noise and is more suitable for 'grandma'

Not trying to make fun of you bro, but that heatsink is a lemon unless your goal is a mild overclock and having a goal of very low noise.

:eh?:

I agree with sam. It looks cool but thats about it. As for overclocking I would not recomend it. For someone that is looking for a quiet solution that is not overclocking, yes. But I would stay away even with the slightest overclock.

hoenstly if i was lookin for the absolute quietest performer and was either gonna not oc or do a mild one (which would be like 200mhz on a p4 lol) i would just get a Alpha w/ a Papst 20cfm 12dBA fan. Cant beat that and seeing how the alpha is absolutly MASSIVE you will still get decent temps.

Silversinksam said:
That heatsink from all i've read is a pretty tame performer when compared to high performance heatsinks like the Swiftechs, Alphas and Thermalright AX-478's

To be honest that Zalman heatsink shouldnt be used for overclocking, its designed to be low noise and is more suitable for 'grandma'

Not trying to make fun of you bro, but that heatsink is a lemon unless your goal is a mild overclock and having a goal of very low noise.

:eh?:

1st of all...i didnt wrote in my post,that this is THE HSF especially for overclocking.

Yes,i agree with you that is suitable for a mild+ overclocking.

...and yes,it's an absolute quiet one...no need for hearing aid after a couple of years.

For people that are not after 140+mhz fsb out of their 1.6A or 1.8A...then this hsf is very-very good alternative.

That was my point.
Thank you all for your comments...and no hard feelings

Back