• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crappy GF3 TI-200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Hey- i got this POS GF3 TI 200 64mg video card after i gave my school a gf2 mx 400 (hey told me to go get a replament from a local shop i work with and charge it to them :-D) Well- i pugged it into my XP 1600 @1745 and got 7500 3dmark 2001 score- is that a good score for this cheap card? Its in my backup soon to be watercooled machine.
Spyder

a Ti200 is hardly a POS...but that score is decent you should be getting around 8000 though with the sweet backup system you have....

Thats a descent score for an unmodded card run at 1.75Ghz. Mine did not do as well (gainward golden) under stock settings and unmodded. Modding the card can have an dramatic effect on it of course. Example, the modded gainward broke 10g.

Your "cheap" card is right on par and has some capabilities that the traded card did not. You made a good trade it would appear.;)

(Mine ran right around 6500 unmodded as I remember.)

What modifycations can i do to this card? I am going to make my own GF3 waterblock and ramsinks too provide good cooling- will it work?
Spyder

I don't know if your cooling will work, but I'm interested in finding out if it does. Also, what brand is you TI-200 POS card?

Man......... i cant find the box........ its like a EvGA- and its defauly speeds were 175/350 or something- i got it to 200/400 worked great- guess its not a pos........
Spyder

eVGA hardly makes anything that could be called a POS. My card will do 700 ram with no ram sinks, only an 80mm fan blowing accross it.

Da Whip said:
Getting 7500 3Dmark out of the gate is very good.
This is hardly a POS GF3 Ti200. I would classify your previous GF2 MX400 as a POS. ( I know, I had one)

Hey... I have two of those.... (f34r my 1337 super low fps skillz...)
:D

Seriously though, 7500 is a really decent score for a non tweaked TI-200. Little bit of over clocking and some luv, will get you into the 8K range. Although I still don't understand peoples obsession with getting frame rates the human eye can't even see.

so what is POS?
haha is that what im wondering it is? its not that bad!
:D

I agree, and I don't even see how a Ti200 could qualify as a POS card, not now and not likely for at least a couple a years. Just running it at stock has got to get you where you're going. And then if you can O/C it a good 500+ points, so much the better... mission accomplished.

with my gf3 ti200 at stock, i got like 6300, but with my cpu and card overclocked, i broke 9000....too bad the freakin hard drive crashed, so now im stuck on a p3 500, playing counterstrike is horrible...it drops down to 10 fps sometimes...with the tbird, it never got below 200 at any time...next week the new hdd should be here...so im excited to get off this stupid Dell (dull)

I suppose getting some decent frame rates with a PIII 500 would be more of a challenge. I have to work with one of those PIII 500's at my job. The thing's so antiquated I have to wait for it to finish processing before it will display what I'm typing. I'm getting my 1st Ti-200 shipped to me this week. It's nice to know I can expect scores in the 7 to 8K range. I can live with that... for now. :)

Well............. i only consider it a POS car because...... I have 2 ti 4400 leadtek cards- one i killed........ and had to replace it w/ the gf3 ti200- its a good card- but what can i do to this card?
Spyder

The Spyder said:
Well............. i only consider it a POS car because...... I have 2 ti 4400 leadtek cards- one i killed........ and had to replace it w/ the gf3 ti200- its a good card- but what can i do to this card?
Spyder

How many cards have you killed?

does anyone know if dell boards will let you put a faster chip in the thing? cause i was thinking of getting a 1 gig chip for it...since that is still a p3..cause this just isnt working....newegg needs to hurry up with that hard drive im tellin ya

any body heard of sparkle?? i think of getting a gf3 ti 200 from them unless anyone has some really bad reviews on it.

at the moment i have a gf2 ti 64 ddr by eagle and clocked it to 300/500 and i only get a 5286 3dmark score kinda lame.

packratbob said:
at the moment i have a gf2 ti 64 ddr by eagle and clocked it to 300/500 and i only get a 5286 3dmark score kinda lame.

That's not bad for a GF2. When I had my Shuttle AK31 with an XP 1800+ running at 1725 MHz, I used to get right around 5600 with a GF2 Ultra. That's all you can expect with a GF2.

Back