• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JUST ARRIVED 8500 128. what do i do now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

SAM this is for you, and others of course. i just ordered a retail radeon 8500 128 ddr. did i chose right? whats the first thing to do when i get it? how do i check what speed memory i got? maybe a better hsf than the factory? which overclock program do you reccomend? i personally dont like rage3d any other suggested would be fine. i just want to see the BIGGEST, and HIGHEST differnce. i mean i went froma 32mb ddr radeon so i will see this i know. just feel me in on what you did. if you own a 8500

First thing I would do is pop off that cheasy ATI heatsing and slap on a Crystal orb. If you have a dremel get a IU heatsink.....

I like Powerstrip, but since you like the Rage Tweaker fire her up and see what you can do running 3dmark.

OH yah get the latest drivers, if your using WIN XP the 6.13.10.6071 is a great driver

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/winxpradeon613106071.html

Back