• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD900

what is the cheapest or homemade system i think i want to go w/ water cooling

thanx

That depends on how handy you are. I made a copper cap water block for real cheap but you need some copper bar stock for that. As far as rads go a car heater core is the way to go. You can get pumps at an fish store and even home depot has some. The tubing and what not comes fromthe hardware store. For me the big ticket items were pump and heater core. Pump about $25 and heater core around $20. The tubing is cheap like $5 the fittings are more $ in brass but there are plastic ones that are usually less than $0.50. If you buy a submersible pump they need a reservouir which can be a cheap plastic kitchen container or an underground electrical junction box. Look in the water cooling section on the front page for my copper cap water block article. I have also seen a lot of people that enclose and old heatsink in plexiglass for a block too.

O

if u got a drill press u can make ur own for around10 dollars for a block,
pick up a second hand heater core for 15 bucks and get a cheapy pump for around 20... and grab a couple fans at 10 dollars each for the rad. hose and tubing and clamps will cost u aroung 20 all up too.
these r just rough prices in australian dollars
hope that give u an idea of wat cost will end up being.

Back