• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is REALLY annoying.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeForceG

Registered
Hey!
Well I currently have the Asus TUSL2-C. I also have the Celeron 1.2a installed. It's overclocked to 1.56Ghz (most stable *130Mhz FSB*).
Anyways, it's stable, running 3DMark2001, games, anything for hours...
Whenever I shut down my computer, and then the next day I turn it back on it sets the FSB to 66 (default) (800Mhz). And then when I set it back to 130Mhz FSB it won't even boot into the computer black start up screen, just beeps.. I turn it off, and then back on, and set the FSB to 125Mhz (1500Mhz) and it boots fine. Then from windows I restart and set the FSB even to 132Mhz 1.58Ghz and it boots into windows just fine.

What the hell? Why can't it just save my settings, and not reset them everytime?

And also, WHENEVER I boot into windows, it always tells me that the system has recovered from a serious error... hmmmmm :confused:

Thanks for any help!

Recently

Just in the last day or two there was a thread concerning that "recovered from fatal error" problem, apparently Microsoft has some kind of fix for it. Sorry I don't recall the particulars, but you might want to look in the Operating System area for a post.

SkyHook

I think that the serious sytem error was a hardware basedm problem.I used to get when i took overclocking a little far on my old Rivav TnT card. What do you use to later the FSB?
If it is done in the BIOS then it should remain as it is unless...... i did hear about a similar problem with a friend of mine but this was beacuse the Mobo 3V watch battery had become flat and the CMOS was reseting itself everytime he turned the mains off.Have a lok into it.
Hope this helps
Dom

Back