• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will AX-7 fit on to the Shuttle AK31A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luie

Will AX-7 fit on to the Shuttle AK31A (rev 3.1)?

The AX-7's dimension is L77 x W77 x H80 (mm).

Planning on getting one...

luie,
Look here in the cooling forum for a thread titled, ax-7 cooling dated 6-7-02. I posted a link with a list of compatible MB's. It should work if your board is similar to the shuttle boards listed.
Burner

luie, here is the thread that Burner is talking about searching for; it was a linked thread in the amdmb.com forums. It shows the AK31 v2 as being compatible. I used to have an Alpha 8045 on my rev 3.1 board, but had to cut a divot out on 1 corner to clear a cap on the board. I imagine that would be the only problem you might encounter with mounting the AX7 on your rev 3.1 board and it is easily solved with a little dremel work to cut some clearance on the hsf for that cap. It took me less than 5 minutes to mod my Alpha for my AK31 rev. 3.1.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Yeah, in that forum on the 3rd page of that thread, someone says it fits! yes!:D

I'm gonna get a new heatsink without the need of worrying, after all~

Back