Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!
Forum Jump

Stymee knocking on the door...TOP200!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-08-02, 10:38 AM Thread Starter   #1
Newbie_Doo
Admin Parent

10 Year Badge

Stymee knocking on the door...

Congratulations to Stymee for breaking into the TOP 200 overall! Way to go!

Now if I could just keep him from blowing by me...

Welcome to my sandbox. Sandbox Rules: 1) Play nicely. 2) Don't throw sand. 3) Share your toys. 4) Go inside to use the potty.

newbius.blogspot.com
Newbie_Doo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-08-02, 12:44 PM   #2
NASsoccer
On a string I was held Senior

10 Year Badge

indeed much concrats to our fellow folder styme!! the top 200 is certainly an accomplishment to be proud of. we all thank you for your dedication to folding and to the team.
NASsoccer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-08-02, 01:57 PM   #3
stymee

Thanx, y'all!

And you'll be happy to know that I have gotten permission (now that there is proper proxy support in FAH3) to fold on my workstation at work. Another 3.4GHz of Intel Xeon Power! (Dual 1.7 Fosters)

w00t!

I figure each CPU is about equal with a Duron 1.1 or so. So it should be good for another 80pts a week if left idle, maybe 50pts when I'm using it hard core.

I credit the whole team (newbie_doo especially ) for giving me the folding bug BIG TIME!

Fold on!
stymee is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-08-02, 02:29 PM   #4
David
Forums Super Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by stymee
Thanx, y'all!

And you'll be happy to know that I have gotten permission (now that there is proper proxy support in FAH3) to fold on my workstation at work. Another 3.4GHz of Intel Xeon Power! (Dual 1.7 Fosters)

w00t!

I figure each CPU is about equal with a Duron 1.1 or so. So it should be good for another 80pts a week if left idle, maybe 50pts when I'm using it hard core.

I credit the whole team (newbie_doo especially ) for giving me the folding bug BIG TIME!

Fold on!
Well done!!!

3.4Ghz Xeon Power
Are there any other Xeon workstations at your work that could be harnessed?

David

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
David is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-08-02, 02:40 PM   #5
stymee

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Are there any other Xeon workstations at your work that could be harnessed?
Not yet, unfortunately. I'm the only one with one of these workstations, I'm testing out some new software for the next several months.

It may get interesting when we get the other 12 dual Xeons in here some time next year! It'll take some arm twisting, but I'm sure I can get something going. Waiting will be the hard part, although by then they'll probably be dual Prestonia 2.4's or something like that.

Fold On!
Old 06-08-02, 02:45 PM   #6
NASsoccer
On a string I was held Senior

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by stymee

Not yet, unfortunately. I'm the only one with one of these workstations, I'm testing out some new software for the next several months.

It may get interesting when we get the other 12 dual Xeons in here some time next year! It'll take some arm twisting, but I'm sure I can get something going. Waiting will be the hard part, although by then they'll probably be dual Prestonia 2.4's or something like that.

Fold On!
yeah, and tell that you told us you might be able to get these, you make us anxious too glad to hear about the first one and looking forward to 12!!! more
NASsoccer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-08-02, 11:38 PM   #7
Guero

10 Year Badge

I finally broke into the top 200!!!! Hopefully I will be moving up the food chain even more.

Old 06-09-02, 01:42 PM   #8
stymee

They're not Xeon's, but I did manage to get 4 more boxes folding at work. These are the only other tubes that are somewhat under my control, they are 2 PIII 1.0's and 2 PIII400's.

That brings the total up to:

Home: 4.19GHz Intel + 5.80GHz AMD = 9.99GHz
Work: 6.20GHz Intel

=16.19GHz of Folding Frenzy

w00t!

This all could change if our IT person changes her "policies" again, she seems very fickle. Until then, though, looks like we gonna have some fun!

edit: I can't add...doh!

Last edited by stymee; 06-10-02 at 04:21 AM.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!