• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo mods (w/out solder and pliers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stikphysh

i figured motherboard mods would be a good way to go with windows bein so popular and all. if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post. heres my 2 ideas:

weld spikes (like punks wear. you can get them at hot topic) to the standoff screws.

put chrome trim around the board. ive seen the stuff that was made for cards, but im kinda afraid of it shorting out the board. guess ya just gotta try it and see. lol

how about making a colored shell that covers everything but
the slots so you wont see thos annoying transistors. so covers
up everyting but the CPU RAM IDE PCI AGP CHIPSET ect slots.
i think it would look really cool!

Combine those two ideas! A giant spiked cover, that also acts as a heatsink. Now theres an idea thats functional as well

um... how exactly would you do that? youd have to coat the entire thing in thermal paste and make sure it had good contact with everything, but does a motherboard really need THAT much cooling? lol. i concidered dipping my mobo in that liquid plastic stuff, but i dunno

Back