• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 throddle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wendellmcb

My p4 1.8 is pinned to 1.85 and runs at 41c idle.
On Boot-up Gets To 52c and stable at 2.4g at present. can also run stable at 2.4 if pinned to 1.8 My problem is at the end of the day my mouse
is very sluggish and responce of system is very slow? temp usually read about 46c and a reboot is needed to restore speed.Is the p4 temp throddle
kicking in at this time and if it is why do I have to reboot to restore speed.If I re-pin back to 1.8
is that enough to keep cpu from throddle down.
How mush more stress is added to the p4 by going from 1.80 from 1.85? Running p4te board and it under-volts anyway!1.8 reads 1.71~1.73 and 1.85
goes from 1.74~1.78. Have Tried a thermaltake
cooler but they draw too much on the supply.Also
have to put up with texas heat!Wont to stay at 2.4
and need advice..I cound re-pin cpu back to 1.8 but what a struggle it was to do it! Was Trying
for 2.6 but need better memory and $ to do it.
need help.:rolleyes:

Get wcpuid and and select tweaks at the top and choose realtime clock checker.
If your cpu speed changes you will be able to see it.

A P4 won't throttle down until it reaches 70C, so either your temp gauge is way off (not likely) or this isn't your problem. Just to make sure though I'd try checking WCPUID or something and making sure it isn't throttling down... you'll be able to tell if it's throttling down if the multi is anything less than 18 (they throttle down the same way that a laptop processor uses speedstep, it reduces the multiplier).

yep sure does. I have it set by the switches for
1.8 and clock set for 133 fsb. Memory in bios is set for 3x turbo on.This all started when i jumpered v-pin up to 1.85 from 1.8.Do you think
going back down will help? :(

Back