• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My KR7A-133's NB is 29-31C. Seems toasty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
Having come from SDR, and not read anything about DDR, I didn't really know what to expect from a DDR chipset. It's currently at 29C, but it's been as high as 32C. Seems a big hot. Do I just need to adjust to DDR temps? =)

Also, my CPU is at 47C full load, not OC'd (too hot outside). I'm thinking the thermistor is inaccurate. It gets to 50C when OC'd to 1686. I'm going to build a Maxim 6657 SMBus reader, so I'll be able to get REAL temps, but does 47-50C seem too hot? I use an AX-7 with a 48 CFM YS Tech, ASII.

The NB temps seem to be OK so no need to worry about it. Your CPU heat issues are a direct result of your hot ambient temps.

Well, at night here in Cali it gets plenty cold. Not like Michigan, but cold enough, maybe 60F. At night, the CPU goes down to around 43C full load. Still seem hot? I'm not really worried, I'm not in the danger zone. But I don't want to reattach my HSF, it's VERY hard to get on my mobo. I'd have to take out the PSU to do it.

I mounted it properly, and 48 CFM is more than plenty, so the only thing it could be is ASII, which I "used" just as I have for all the other CPUs I've installed, without issue.

Back