• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My daily output

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katelin

I'm producing about 9 W/Us per day. At this rate, I should hit 1K in about 111 days. And it'll take me 3 years to get to 10K. Darn it, I need more PCs. More more more!!!

Rank Icons Name WU'S Mon Sun Sat Fri Thur Wed Tues Total
594 Katelin 70 10 8 8 10 8 9 2 55

katelin said:
I'm producing about 9 W/Us per day. At this rate, I should hit 1K in about 111 days. And it'll take me 3 years to get to 10K. Darn it, I need more PCs. More more more!!!

Rank Icons Name WU'S Mon Sun Sat Fri Thur Wed Tues Total
594 Katelin 70 10 8 8 10 8 9 2 55

You are burining the the ranks keep on crunching and the computers will come :)

And another Farmer is born:D

Amazing what happens to some people when they join this team, eh?

Keep up the great work Katelin! Back when I joined the OCSetiTeam I already had a "garden": 2 450s and a duallie 400......about 5 wu a day average!!!

Great Job!..heheh..I started out with a PIII550 in dec last year..then stopped crunching for a couple months to fold...then i came back to seti, and turned my pasteur(2 pc's) into 4, and im expecting my dually boards tommorrow :D

Greg,
Actually, my laptop is running SETI 16/7. I turn it off when I go to bed, as it gets pretty hot running the program.

All,
I need some advice. I think I'm going crazy, I check my SETI stats like 3-4 times a day. I hope this "SETI bug" that I caught is just a phase. Ok, I have $400 to spare. I am thinking of getting a used PC, but all I can find is something like a Pentium III 600 mhz barebone. I've been doing some reading on building PCs. And I think it's more economical for me to put together a PC rather then going to the local shop and pick up a used unit. However, I've never build a PC. I've looked around and seems an Athlon XP system would be cheaper to build then a Pentium4. I don't know, maybe after I get one going, I could try to overclock it. But it's kinda of confusing when I read about all this stuff. There's so many different kinds of combination of motherboard/CPU/memory, I'm not quite sure which path to take.

If you hav $400 to put together a good SETI PC, what would your would you recommend? And which online/local CA vendors do you suggest? Thanks again. My friends thinks I'm nutts as they don't understand why I need 3 or 4 computers. Well, it's time for my morning jog, see you later.

Last edited:
A Morgan Duron and an ECS board would be a great budget cruncher.

The ECS K6S5A runs around $50-55 and a 1GHz Morgan Duron can be had for about $40. DDR or SDRAM can be used in the ECS and if it's going to be used for crunching only, 128MB can be had for right around $25 for quality stuff. Cheap AGP video, smaller hard drive and a network card can all be bought together for under $100 if you look in the right places. Case, PSU, floppy and CDROM can be had for around $75 altogether as well. That puts at around $300...give or take.

Not hard at all to build a cheap cruncher for $400. You could probably do a little better than that board and chip for that, too.

yup the ECS k7s5a and duron 1ghz is the best
my main rig is an ECS and duron 1.2

ECS mobo
duron 1ghz (1.2 if its cheap)
128mb of DDR
1gig+ hard disk
cheap agp card
floppy,case,cdrom
plus the mobo has an onboard NIC

be a nice little cruncher, about 5-6 hour wu's, but a little lower if you overclock

craigiz1 said:
Yea. She's just about to blow right past me, with my measly 1 or 2 w/u's a day.
Good work anyway! :p

Hey Craig,
Consider yourself blown away. Hehe :)

577) katelin 80 550 hr 35 min 6 hr 52 min 56.7 sec Tue Jun 11 22:06:35 2002 United States
585) craigiz1 77 978 hr 24 min 12 hr 42 min 24.0 sec Tue Jun 11 16:34:12 2002 United States

Hmm...so ECS and Duron with SDRAM seems to the choice. I'll see what I can find. Thanks for the replys.

katelin said:

Hey Craig,
Consider yourself blown away. Hehe :)

577) katelin 80 550 hr 35 min 6 hr 52 min 56.7 sec Tue Jun 11 22:06:35 2002 United States
585) craigiz1 77 978 hr 24 min 12 hr 42 min 24.0 sec Tue Jun 11 16:34:12 2002 United States

OK. I'll remember this. Watch your back! j/k
Are you doing all this from 1 machine? I need to upgrade, but I wanted to wait for the ClawHammer. The Pentiums are looking good to me too.

rogerdugans said:
And another Farmer is born:D

Amazing what happens to some people when they join this team, eh?

Keep up the great work Katelin! Back when I joined the OCSetiTeam I already had a "garden": 2 450s and a duallie 400......about 5 wu a day average!!!
i should have my kiddie rig back up by tomorrow.:D i will now be sitting on about 5 gigs of seti crunching power,:p cant wait. i too am starting a farm.:cool:

Back