• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fryeguy69

Hey guys,

Just ditched my Dell Precision, and was looking to put together an AMD system. Can soemone tell be the best board for slight overclocking with PC 2100 and XP processors? And what kind of power supply would be best suited? And do the XP chips need to be un-locked? Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Scooter

I don't understand "slight overclocking":D

But there are a LOT of boards that do well and are fairly inexpensive- my personal favorite is still the Epox 8KHA+, but there are newer boards with faster chipsets nowadays.

You will probably get a bunch of opinions on mobos here: take a look at the options and see which ones appeal, and are available in your price range (most of 'em, probably!)

XPs do need to be unlocked, and its harder than the TBirds, but far from impossible. If you want to avoid unlocking you can get an MP, but they cost a bit more.

Back