• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crappy Vertex Shader Marks...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimWulfy

Registered
Hi!
I just ran 3D Mark 2001 SE with a score of 8130. I believe that it should be higher with a 1.8 P4 and a GF4 TI 4600. I think it would be higher as well, however on the vertex shader test, my computer just craps out. My average FPS is 14 for that test, and I know it should be higher. On other tests I easily reach over 100 FPS, any ideas as to why this test suffers so on my computer?
Thanks in advance.
Tim

only the first few tests count towards your score (car chase, dragothic, lobby and nature) so the vertex shader test doesn't affect your score although i dont know why it would be so low.

seems to me that your score should be higher my aiw radeon 8500dv 64mb scores 8797(compare yours to mine) what drivers are you using? try different detonater drivers like the 23.xx, 27.xx and 28.xx to see if they help your score. make sure you have directx 8.1 installed too.

Figured it out...

I found out that there was a bug in my Sis Chipset on my Asus motherboard. This bug restricted the AGP speed to 1x; when I got the newest chipset drivers it enabled an AGP speed of 4x, with MUCH improved results. Vertex score went from 17 to 107 :).
Tim

Back